Recipe by seahorse73
Saw these on Martha Stewarts show, had to have this recipe, and wanted to share with all of you!!!
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, room temperature
- 177.44 ml firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 340.19 g semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 226.79 g pecans, chopped (2 cups)
- 170.09 g white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 30 perfect pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Center 2 racks in the oven.
- Line 2 baking sheets with silpat nonstick baking mats or parchment paper.
- In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add salt and vanilla, and mix to combine.
- Add egg, and continue beating until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture.
- Mix on low speed until just combined.
- Stir in chopped pecans and both chocolates.
- Using a 1-ounce ice-cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out dough, and place about 6 balls on each baking sheet, about 3 inches apart.
- Flatten each ball slightly, and gently press a pecan half in the center.
- Bake 7 minutes, rotate pans between oven shelves, and bake until just brown around the edges, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Remove from oven, and let cool slightly before removing cookies from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.
- Repeat process with remaining dough.