1/3 Photos of Pecan Chicken With Maple Pecan Sauce
This is sooooo easy and tasty. Good enough for company too. Serve with mashed sweet potatoes and green beans for a fantastic meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (1 1/4 lb) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 2/3 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fine cracker crumb (use seasoned of your choice, or plain, I like Ritz)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Maple Pecan Sauce
- 1To toast pecan pieces, bake in 375F oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
- 2Keep oven preheated.
- 3For chicken: In a shallow bowl, mix together buttermilk and egg.
- 4Place chicken breasts in buttermilk mixture.
- 5In a second mixing bowl, combine pecans, cracker crumbs and salt.
- 6Turn chicken breasts in buttermilk, then coat with pecan mixture.
- 7Place chicken breasts in a greased shallow baking dish and drizzle with melted butter.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- 9Serve with Maple Pecan Sauce.
- 10Maple Pecan Sauce: In a small saucepan, mix sugar, maple syrup, water, soy sauce and cornstarch; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- 11Remove from heat and add lemon juice and orange rind; stir.
- 12Just before serving, bring sauce to a boil; remove from heat and stir in toasted pecans.
- 13Makes 1 cup.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Chicken With Maple Pecan Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (761 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1238.4
- Calories from Fat 483
- Total Fat 53.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 399.1 mg
- Sodium 860.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 38.1 g
- Protein 139.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fine cracker crumbs