This is sooooo easy and tasty. Good enough for company too. Serve with mashed sweet potatoes and green beans for a fantastic meal.
- 4 (1 1/4 lb) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 2⁄3 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fine cracker crumb (use seasoned of your choice, or plain, I like Ritz)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Maple Pecan Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄3 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- To toast pecan pieces, bake in 375F oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Keep oven preheated.
- For chicken: In a shallow bowl, mix together buttermilk and egg.
- Place chicken breasts in buttermilk mixture.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine pecans, cracker crumbs and salt.
- Turn chicken breasts in buttermilk, then coat with pecan mixture.
- Place chicken breasts in a greased shallow baking dish and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Serve with Maple Pecan Sauce.
- Maple Pecan Sauce: In a small saucepan, mix sugar, maple syrup, water, soy sauce and cornstarch; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and orange rind; stir.
- Just before serving, bring sauce to a boil; remove from heat and stir in toasted pecans.
- Makes 1 cup.
This was so delicious, I can't say enough things about it. I loved the pecan breading, and the pecan maple sauce drizzled on top really finished off the dish quite nicely. It was super delicious and a real treat for us. This is one of those dishes to keep in mind for those evenings when you have dinner guests--they'll be impressed, not to mentioned satisfied and begging for your recipe. Thanks for sharing your recipe, evelyn/athens. Made for 2014 Culinary Quest. Yum!
I cant rate this high enough!! This was a step out of my comfort zone, I like to cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces before cooking, goes further and easier to eat. I could see that this wouldnt work in this recipe, though, so I went as directed and SO glad that I did!!!! These chicken fillets were so tender and flavourful and the nutty crust is to die for. We did enjoy the accompanying sauce, but the chicken stands so well alone, in my book. I made the full recipe, for the two of us, thinking I would then use the chicken in another dish, but it is so TASTY, that I said to my husband, right, slice these, and they will be my office lunch for the next few days --- lovely bread, fresh rocket, a little mustard -- I am not generally a sandwich person but I am LOVING my lunches!!!! definitely a make-again, thank you Evelyn, this was made and enjoyed for International Agents of QUEST, USA Southern Region
Excellent!! Made just as directed and it turned out perfectly. Such great flavors and crispiness. I LOVED the sauce. It put this recipe over-the-top good. Thank you! Made for the International Agents of QUEST for the USA Southern region.