This is sooooo easy and tasty. Good enough for company too. Serve with mashed sweet potatoes and green beans for a fantastic meal.
- 4 (1 1/4 lb) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 2⁄3 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fine cracker crumb (use seasoned of your choice, or plain, I like Ritz)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Maple Pecan Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄3 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- To toast pecan pieces, bake in 375F oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Keep oven preheated.
- For chicken: In a shallow bowl, mix together buttermilk and egg.
- Place chicken breasts in buttermilk mixture.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine pecans, cracker crumbs and salt.
- Turn chicken breasts in buttermilk, then coat with pecan mixture.
- Place chicken breasts in a greased shallow baking dish and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Serve with Maple Pecan Sauce.
- Maple Pecan Sauce: In a small saucepan, mix sugar, maple syrup, water, soy sauce and cornstarch; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and orange rind; stir.
- Just before serving, bring sauce to a boil; remove from heat and stir in toasted pecans.
- Makes 1 cup.