Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 pinch garlic
- 1 pinch parsley
- 1⁄8 cup finely chopped onion
- Dijon mustard (I use about half a small jar)
- Coat chicken with crumbs and pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees until done (about 45 minutes).
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
- Warm through, stirring often.
- Pour over chicken and serve.
This had a really good combination of flavors, however for some reason the brandy was a little overpowering and it still was a little bland. I plan to make this again, just need to tweak it a little to get more flavor and will probably use less brandy. Also, I used coarsely chopped pecans and after trying to coat the first piece and none of the pecans would stick, I had to chop them a lot finer and dip chicken in milk to get the breadcrumbs and pecans to stick all together. Also when pouring the sauce over the baked chicken, spoon gently or the pecan pieces will come off. Thanks for the recipe :)