1/6 Photos of Pecan Chicken With Bourbon Sauce
This is a restaurant recipe that I modified slightly. The bourbon sauce is wonderful, either pooled beneath the chicken and/or drizzled over the top. This recipe makes a lot of sauce. You can save some of the extra sauce for use later or drizzle the sauce over your veggies! Great pecan taste and crunch. Make sure you adjust your heat, while cooking the chicken, so the pecan coating does not burn. Don't skip the green onion to sprinkle over the finished product, it is part of the whole taste sensation! This recipe works for a weekly night dinner or even for company. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped (make sure the pieces are small)
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar (make sure you use dark)
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1Mix together the pecans and bread crumbs, on a plate.
- 2Beat the eggs and water in a pie plate.
- 3Pound the chicken breasts to thin them. This helps so you won't have to cook the coated chicken breasts too long. You want to avoid burning the pecan coating.
- 4Heat the 2 T. butter and 1 T. olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 5Dip the chicken breasts, both sides, into the eggs.
- 6Press the chicken breasts, both sides, into the pecan and bread crumb mixture, coating them evenly.
- 7Cook the chicken breasts over medium heat (adjust as needed) until nicely browned and cooked through. Depending on the thickness and size of your chicken breasts, it could be anywhere from 5 to 10 minute per side.
- 8Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk together the dijon mustard, dark brown sugar, bourbon, soy sauce and worcestershire sauce until smooth.
- 9Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, then remove from the burner and whisk in the 3/4 cups of unsalted butter, a few pieces at a time. Do not return to the heat.
- 10Arrange the chicken breasts on a large serving platter and pour some of the sauce over. Sprinkle with green onions. Or you can plate them individually.
- 11You may choose to pool the sauce or drizzle or serve the sauce on the side. The choice is yours!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Chicken With Bourbon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 797.1
- Calories from Fat 543
- Total Fat 60.3 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 275.4 mg
- Sodium 904.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 33.3 g