Prep 5 mins
Cook 11 mins
Great if you like the flavor of toasty pecans.
- 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons shallots, finely chppd
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- In a food processor, combine pecans and flour.
- Pulse until nuts are finely chopped but not oily.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and dredge in pecan crumbs, pressing so coating adheres.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 T butter over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook, turning once, until crust is browned and meat is white but still moist inside, about 8 minutes total.
- Remove with tongs to a warm platter, leaving drippings in pan.
- Melt remaining 1/2 T butter in skillet.
- Add shallots and sage and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add wine, raise heat to high, and boil until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken to serve.
SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EASY! Lots of flavor. What a wonderful dish. This is a keeper.
This was an impressive chicken dish. The pecan coating was delicious and adhered well to the chicken. The chicken was moist and juicy. The wine sauce with sage had exquisite flavor. Top-notch and something I would be happy to serve to guests. Thanks Crabbycakes.
ingore the star... its all my doing ... I did something wrong, I guess... maybe I pulsed the nuts a little too long or maybe I didnt add enough salt... or maybe just because I didnt cook it in butter... but it came out bland & tasteless... Im going to try it again and then will redo my ratings... :( I love pecans so Im not quitting just yet.