Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
First, let me say that I haven't made this recipe yet, I'm parking it here for "safe keeping." It looks really good, and although there are a lot of steps and ingredients,
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped pimiento
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- To Make Broccoli/Cream Cheese Filling: In a medium saucepan over low heat, heat the lemon juice, butter or margarine, garlic, basil and pimento until butter or margarine has melted. Add the 1 cup pecans, broccoli and onion and cook until broccoli is tender; then add the sour cream and cream cheese and mix all together until smooth. Let cool, cover and refrigerate to chill for 30 minutes.
- Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of the broccoli/cream cheese filling in the center of each chicken breast, roll up, tuck in sides and fasten with toothpicks. Put the egg beat in a shallow dish or bowl, and mix the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup pecans together in another shallow dish or bowl. Dip the chicken rolls in the egg, then in the pecan mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and saute coated chicken rolls in skillet until well browned on both sides, about 2 to 4 minutes each side. Place browned rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and chicken meat is white. Serve with a small portion of leftover broccoli/cream cheese mixture on top of each chicken breast.
I really enjoy this recipe. I originally found this on another web site & I've made this dish a few times. I was going to add it on Zaar but the only difference is that I don't use the pecans. At times, to cut some fat, I will sub some yogurt for the sour cream. Delicious recipe that is great to serve when company comes over.