Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a 1968 Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned pimiento
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- In medium saucepan, melt butter; cook celery in butter till tender.
- Add bouillon cube; crush with back of spoon.
- Stir in flour, salt, and poultry seasoning.
- Add milk all at once.
- Cook, stirring constantly, till mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Stir in lemon juice, chicken, pimiento, and all but a few of the pecans.
- Cook and stir till mixture is heated through.
- Spoon creamed chicken over toast, biscuits, or rice.
- Garnish with remaining pecans.