Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great brunch dish!
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml chopped celery
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml poultry seasoning
- 295.73 ml milk
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml cubed cooked chicken
- 14.79 ml chopped canned pimiento
- 59.14 ml coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 waffles
- In medium saucepan, melt butter.
- Cook celery in butter until tender.
- Add bouillon cube; crush with back of spoon.
- Stir in flour, salt, and poultry seasoning.
- Add milk all at once.
- Cook, stirring constantly, till mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Stir in lemon juice, chicken, pimiento, and pecans.
- Cook and stir until heated through.
- Spoon over hot waffles and garnish with additional pecans, if desired.
We thought this was fabulous! I increased ingredients (with the exception of the nuts) to feed the family, and I had to substitute almonds for the pecans. I don't think that marred the integrity of the recipe, though, because it was so delicious! (I toasted the nuts before adding them.) I was also happy to find an a-la-king recipe that didn't call for cream soup. I served this over a pilaf of orzo and rice, topped with a little fresh parsley. Everyone at the table gobbled this up. Thanks!