Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Haven't tried this one yet but is sounds good.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 8 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup coarsley chopped pecans, for topping
- Combine first 6 ingredients.
- In seperate bowl mix together egg and buttermilk.
- Dip each chicken breast in egg mixture and then into the flour mixture coating well.
- Melt butter in a 9x13 baking dish, place chicken into dish, turning once to coat with butter.
- Sprinkle remaining chopped pecans.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 30 minutes.
- Do not over cook.
- Serves 8.
What a great tasting chicken! I didn't have sesame seeds and so skipped them. I made 5 big drumsticks and had some leftover coating to toss out even though I used 1/4 c each of the flour and ground pecans. In an effort to trim back the fat I just soaked the chicken in fat free buttermilk and omitted the egg. Also lowered was the butter, I used 2 to 3 tsps of a heart healthy margarine. As to flavor, well, let me just say that DH gave this a heart felt 5 stars even though he normally refuses to eat nuts (ok, I didn't tell him that it had nuts in it *wink*). I'll make this again and use breasts next time. If you choose to use drumsticks or any other thicker parts plan on the cooking time being longer. Mine took 45 mins.