Recipe by Ceezie
Another wonderful recipe from Southern Bite ... someone said they would like to caramel sauce to the top - oh can't wait!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Melt butter, add sugars, and blend well by hand (no mixer). Add beaten eggs, stir well. Add flour and stir until all lumps are gone. Add pecans and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake approximately 40 to 50 minutes being cautious not to over cook. You want them to remain chewy, hence the name! Cut upon cooling.