Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
The sour cream and yogurt make this cake moist. Sprinkle with powder sugar on top when it has cooled
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup oat flour
- 1⁄4 cup crushed flax seed meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, cherry's chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine margarine and sugar and beat until creamy.
- Whisk in eggs and sour cream and yogurt.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the cream mixture.
- Beat well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Pour the batter into a prepared 13x9 inch greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serves 8.