Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from Paula's Home Cooking. (I swear I gain 5 lbs. every time I watch the show..=0) I like this recipe because it is not as sweet/rich as a traditional pecan pie.Note: I took cake baker's advice and doubled the filling amounts.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, mix well until eggs are golden and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix softened cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla, and egg.
- Mix well.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Top with toasted pecans.
- Pour Topping over pecans.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
This was so delicious! I loved it with the graham cracker crust!
I make this cheescake but I do double the filling recipe because otherwise it is rather thin. I also use a graham cracker crust instead. I am a baker and this one of the most popular cheesecake I sell.
This pie was wonderful. I found out that you need to chill it before cutting to set the pie.