Recipe by Chef likestocook
I got this recipe from Wanda. She made it when she worked at the bank for their Christmas parties. I usually make it Christmas Eve for my family. I think the original recipe is from Southern Living.
- 16 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces shredded medium cheddar
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 16 ounces strawberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup pecans in an oiled 7 cup ring mold.
- Press cheese mixture into mold.
- Chill until firm.
- Unmold on platter and pat remaining pecans onto ring.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Put strawberry preserves in middle.
- Serve with crackers.