Recipe by weekend cooker
Makes for a nice afternoon snack, for snack.
Top Review by berry271
Made this this weekend. They are yummy. I think the original title of this recipe is Pecan Cream Cheese Squares. I found it in the February/March 2000 issue of Taste of Home. It was submitted by Dorothy Pritchett who says, "This rich, easy dessert is perfect after a light meal." I made it with chopped mixed nuts instead of just pecans, and it turned out well. Got many comments.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 2⁄3 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat the dry cake mix, 1 egg and butter until blended.
- Stir in pecans, and then press into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and the remaining eggsuntil smooth, and then pour over the pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack, and cut into 36 squares.
- Store in refrigerator.