Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Makes for a nice afternoon snack, for snack.
Make and share this Pecan Cheese Cheese Squares recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, beat the dry cake mix, 1 egg and butter until blended.
- Stir in pecans, and then press into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and the remaining eggsuntil smooth, and then pour over the pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack, and cut into 36 squares.
- Store in refrigerator.
Made this this weekend. They are yummy. I think the original title of this recipe is Pecan Cream Cheese Squares. I found it in the February/March 2000 issue of Taste of Home. It was submitted by Dorothy Pritchett who says, "This rich, easy dessert is perfect after a light meal." I made it with chopped mixed nuts instead of just pecans, and it turned out well. Got many comments.
These are pretty dang good! Reminiscent of 'ooey gooey' bars, the crunch from the pecans added some nice texture! I followed the recipe, as directed; thanks for sharing a great recipe, weekend cooker!