Recipe by spatchcock
Wonderful side or appetizer.
Top Review by Cheryl Woodall
These are wonderful! So simple to make! I served them as part of a bread tray at Thanksgiving. The in-laws ate them all up! These are like a cheese straw and not a biscuit. Thanks Melismak for sharing this wonderful recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the butter and cheeses in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Sift the flour, salt, and cayenne directly into the food processor and process until the mixture begins to form a ball.
- Add the pecans and pulse just until the pecans are mixed.
- The mixture will be very soft.
- Divide the dough into three equal parts and place each on a piece of wax paper.
- Fold the paper over the mixture and roll into logs about 1 inch (3 cm) in diameter.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1 hour.
- Roll the chilled dough into a more regular round shape if desired.
- Unwrap the logs immediately prior to baking and slice into rounds 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick.
- Place 1/2 inch (1 cm) apart on an ungreased baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350F oven until light golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.