Recipe by littleturtle
Makes 1 loaf of bread or 1 dozen muffins. Cook time is for muffins. Cook time for bread has been corrected from 1 1/2 hours to 1 hour.
Top Review by Ms*Bindy
A good muffin. Mine baked in quite a bit less than 45 minutes. I'm glad I peeked in on them early because they were pretty well done. They were a little more dense than I was expecting, but still a nice muffin. Thanks.
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, coarsely grated
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter, melted & cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, carrots, nuts, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, and mix thoroughly, breaking up any lumps.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix just until blended (do NOT over mix).
- For bread: Spoon batter into a greased 8.5x4.5" loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F until dark golden brown (about 1 hours).
- For muffins: Spoon batter into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 350F until golden brown (about 45 minutes).