Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups pecans
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 48 caramels, soft, chewy
- In food processor, pulse 1 1/4 c pecans just until chopped; place in small bowl.
- Put remaining 1/2 c pecans & sugar in processor & pulse until finely ground.
- Add butter & eggs to processor until smooth.
- Add flour, salt & baking powder - pulse until blended.
- Put dough in bowl.
- Heat Oven to 350.
- With dampened hands, roll dough into 1 inch balls, roll in chopped nuts. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press a caramel in center of each. Bake 10 -12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.