1 hr 5 mins
A wonderful dessert cookie with some ice cream. Don't be discouraged by this recipy. It is worth the time and effort. I haven't come across anyone who likes pecans and doesn't like this recipy. It came from a Martha Stewart magazine. Cook time does not include cooling of crust or finished cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Grease a 10x15 inch baking pan and set aside.
- 3Toast pecans until fragrant.
- 4Cool and chop roughly, set aside.
- 5Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, add flour and mix just until combined.
- 6Press dough evenly into prepared pan.
- 7Bake until golden 10-12 min.
- 8Cool on rack.
- 9In a heavy bottomed saucepan combine 4 cups of sugar, cream of tartar, salt, and water.
- 10Cook over high heat wihout stirring until tome sugar begins to melt and turn golden (2-5 min).
- 11Reduce heat to medium, cook stirring occasionally until all sugar is melted.
- 12It sould be a deep golden color (candy thermometer reading 300F).
- 13While stirring pour cream slowly down the side of the pan.
- 14When the cream is mixed remove pan from heat and add pecans.
- 15Pour carmel filling over the shortbread crust and return to oven for about 12 min.
- 16until caramel is a little darker color, turning the pan halfway during cooking (for even browning).
- 17Cool on wire rack and cut into bars or 1x3 inch"fingers".
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Caramel shortbread fingers
Serving Size: 1 (2215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2354.9
- Calories from Fat 1137
- Total Fat 126.3 g
- Saturated Fat 42.0 g
- Cholesterol 162.7 mg
- Sodium 181.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 308.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 243.5 g
- Protein 17.1 g