Taken from 'Baking and Desserts' cook book - Tasty Tip ; Any type of nut can be used in this recipe. Why not try replacing the pecans with a variety of chopped walnuts, almonds and brazil nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, smooth
- 75 g sugar, caster
- 75 g cornflour
- 175 g flour, plain
- 200 g sugar, caster
- 125 g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 75 g liquid glucose
- 75 ml water
- 400 g sweetened condensed milk (can)
- 175 g pecans, roughly chopped
- 75 g chocolate, plain dark
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 10 minutes before baking. Lightly oil and line an 18 cm x 28 cm tin with greaseproof or baking paper.
- 2Cream together the 125 g butter, peanut butter 75 g caster sugar until light. Sift in the cornflour and flour together and mix in to make a smooth dough.
- 3Press the mixture into the prepared tin and prick all over with a fork. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until just golden. Remove from the oven.
- 4Meanwhile for the topping, combine the 200 g caster sugar, 125 g butter, golden syrup, glucose, water and milk in a heavy based saucepan.
- 5Stir constantly over a low heat without boiling until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat, boil steadily, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes until the mixture turns a golden caramel colour.
- 6Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the pecans. Pour over the shortbread base immediately. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 7Break the chocolate into small pieces and put into a heatproof bowl with the 1 tbsp butter.
- 8Place over a saucepan of barely simmering water, ensuring that the bowl does not come into contact with the water. Leave until melted, then stir together well.
- 9Remove the shortbread from the refrigeratror and pour the chocolate evenly over the top, spreading thinly to cover. Leave to set, cut into squares and serve.
Browse Our Top Sweet Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Caramel Millionaire's Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.1
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 111.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: