Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This unique, delicious sweet potato dish is wonderful served along side a holiday turkey or ham. Coconut provides natural sweetener -
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel, and cut sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes, boil for approx 7-8 minutes & drain.
- Mash potatoes and combine with the 1/4 cup butter, coconut, milk and eggs.
- Spread in a 9x9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, pecans, flour and melted butter.
- Smear over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake 20-30 minutes.
- This can all be made and prepared the day before.
MADE IT....the family really liked it. I had never thought of putting coconut in with sweet potatoes before. This is a new addition to my "family favorites" list....especially around the holidays!
This is a very sweet side dish that almost tastes like dessert...which is a good thing!