This is a recipe that comes from (CHOW Vol.1#4, pg.41). This is delicious.
Make and share this Pecan Caramel Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat over to 350. In a medium bowl mix the crust ingredients (graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar) until thouroughly combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- For the cheesecake, mix the cream cheese and sugar until well incorporated. Add the eggs one at a time, and mix completely after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and mix until blended.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the pan. Bake until ready (about 40 minutes). Let cool completely.
- For the caramel, combine the sugar and 1 tablespoon of water in a small saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Let boil until amber in color. Immediately add the butter and stir to incorporate. Remove from heat, add the heavy cream, and mix well. Let cool to room temperature.
- Pour the caramel over the cheesecake and scatter the pecan and sea salt over the top.