Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This was a winner in a magazine...have not tried it yet...
- 12 ounces vanilla wafers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the milk, egg and maple flavoring.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips.
- Spread over the crust and sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack until well cooled.
- Cut into bars.