Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- In a bowl, combine raisins and bourbon; stir well; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another mixing bowl, combine flour, and next 3 ingredeints; add dry mixture to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix well after each addition; fold in pecans and raisin mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased/floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake in a 325° oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack.
- To make glaze: combine first 4 glaze ingredients to a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture reaches soft ball stage (234°).
- Remove from heat and stir in pecans; immediately drizzle over cake.