Recipe by Stardustannie
Rich but absolutely delicious! Serve with dusted icing sugar,ice cream and or cream.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Very nice tasting pudding, different & most enjoyable! Not even wanting to go out looking for golden syrup, for it I substituted half honey & half corn syrup to keep something of the consistency & the sweetness! It worked out well, I think, & the pudding was OUTSTANDING by all counts! Many thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my teammates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #15
- 65 g brown sugar
- 185 g self raising flour
- 125 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 80 g butter, melted Cooled
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 75 g pecans, chopped
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 60 ml golden syrup
- 310 ml boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 170 Celsius.
- Brush a 4 cup oven proof dish with some melted butter to grease. Place the dish on a baking tray.
- Put brown sugar and flour in a bowl. Use a whisk to mix the milk, egg, butter and golden syrup in a jug until combined.
- Add to the dry ingredients till a batter forms. stir in the pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish.
- To make sauce, combine the brown sugar and cornflour in a bowl and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the pecan batter in the dish.
- Stir the golden syrup into the boiling water and pour this on top of the brown sugar and cornflour mixture.
- Bake the pudding for 50-55 min or until a cake like topping forms over a rich butterscotch sauce and a skewer inserted into the pudding comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and stand for 5 minutes, sprinkle with icing sugar.