Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great Gift Idea, lots of other in the jar recipes in my recipe selection
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup high protein crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup wheat cereal
- 3⁄4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Layer the ingredients in the order given in a one quart wide mouth canning jar.
- Firmly pack each ingredient in place.
- It will be a tight fit, but all ingredients will fit in the jar.
- Use pinking shears to cut an 8 or 9 inch circle from gingham, calico, or a seasonal fabric.
- Place the fabric over the wide mouth lid and rim and secure with a rubber band.
- Tie on a raffia or ribbon bow to cover the rubber band.
- Attach a card to the ribbon or raffia with the following mixing and baking directions: Empty jar of cookie mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of butter or margarine, 1 egg, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Use hands to mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- When completely blended, roll into large walnut sized balls.
- Place on unprepared cookie sheets and use the palm of your hand to flatten each cookie ball.
- Bake at 350 in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.