Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are thicker than normal pancakes and are more filling in my opinion. They are very good when served with a syrup made from apple juice/cider that has been reduced by at least half.
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Sift flour, baking soda, and cinnamon together.
- Stir the bran into the mixture.
- Seperately, beat the eggs.
- Mix the yogurt and honey into the eggs.
- Combine the wet and dry, stir just to the point where the dry is moistened.
- Mix in the pecans, avoid excessive mixing.
- Over medium heat, heat a 1/2 teaspoon of the oil.
- Spoon batter into pan forming 3 inch pancakes.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until browned, flip.
- Cook on the opposite side until browned on both sides.
- Remove and add more oil to cook remaining pancakes.