Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Alcohol in a cake. What isnt there to like? Make this 2 weeks in advance.
Make and share this Pecan Bourbon Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon, plus more
- Bourbon, for soaking
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon, plus more for soaking
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Adjust the oven racks so that a pan of water will fit on the lowest rack and the cake can sit on a rack just above it and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a clean bowl. With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternately with the 2 tablespoons of bourbon.
- Fold the nuts into the batter and pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Place a pan of water on the lowest oven rack and bake the cake on the rack just above the water for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center, comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow cake to cool completely.
- While cake is cooling, soak enough cheesecloth to wrap around the cake in 1/4 cup bourbon. When the cake has cooled, wrap the cheesecloth around the cake, wrap the entire cake with plastic wrap, and store in the refrigerator.
- This cake is best if allowed to sit in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 weeks, rewetting the cheesecloth with bourbon as needed.
- I recommend rewetting the cheesecloth every 2 to 3 days, or as it dries out.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream.