Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
America's Test Kitchen
Make and share this Pecan-Bourbon Bundt Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup light molasses
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 18 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks and softened (2 1/4 sticks)
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt, a pinch
- Position oven rack in the lower middle position; preheat to 350°; prepare Bundt pan by making a paste from 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 tablespoon flour; apply it with a pastry brush so you can thoroughly coat the surface of the pan, including all the nooks and crannies.
- Nut filling: Toss all the filling ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cake: Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl; in a small bowl, whisk buttermilk, molasses, bourbon, and vanilla together.
- In a big bowl, beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy--3 to 6 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, until combined, about 1 minute.
- Decrease mixer speed to low; beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture, followed by half of the buttermilk mixture; repeat with half the remaining flour mixture and the remaining buttermilk mixture.
- Beat in the remaining flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Scrape half the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top; sprinkle evenly with the nut filling.
- Scrape the remaining batter over the nuts and smooth the top.
- Wipe any drops of batter off the sides of the pan and gently tap the pan on the counter to settle the batter.
- Bake the cake until a wooden pick comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 50-60 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking.
- Let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack; let cake cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Glaze: Whisk all the glaze ingredients together until smooth, then let sit until thickened, about 25 minutes.
- Drizzle the bourbon glaze over the top and sides of the cake; let glaze set, about 25 minutes, before serving.