Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
originally from "Pillsbury Best Cookies Cookbook"
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 36 pecan halves (optional)
- Bars: Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9" baking pan.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs; blend well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread in greased pan.
- Bake for 23-33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool one hour or until completely cooled.
- Frosting: Heat butter in medium saucepan over medium heat until light golden brown.
- Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough milk for desired spreading consistency; blend until smooth.
- Spread over cooled bars.
- Arrange pecan halves over frosting.
- Cut into bars.
Delicious! The blondies are soft and chewy. The icy is fantastic (I made it without the pecans). Kids and adults will love these Pecan Blondies!