Recipe by 2Bleu
Be careful with these, it's a war over them, their so good! This recipe is from the Philsbury Cook-Off cookbook.
Top Review by jomo1130
A quick and easy dessert to make. I did have a little problem eating the caramel after it cooled since it had hardened. It got a little hard to chew but other than that I'll definitely make these little treats again but probably without the caramel (personal preference).
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 20 caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 16 pecan halves (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Line 16 muffin tins with baking cups.
- Melt butter in med saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat, stir in brown sugar. Add vanilla and egg, mixing well.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Blend well. Stir in the chopped nuts then pour batter into the lined muffin tins. Bake for 15-20 min until golden brown.
- Topping: In small saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with the water, stirring constantly.
- Immediately when muffins are out of oven, place chocolate chips evenly into middle of each cupcake. Spoon scant tablespoon of caramel over the chips in each cup. (if caramel starts to thicken, stir in additional water to maintain consistency). Top each with a pecan half. Store in a tightly covered container.