Queen B's Note:
Wonderful creamy pecan flavored bisque that is especially good for winter holidays. This recipe comes from Jambalaya, the Jr. League of New Orleans cookbook.I make this every Christmas for gatherings and am always asked how to make it. Pecans are a Southern delicacy and I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Process pecans until finely ground,
- 2Melt butter in saucepan, add green onions and saute' on low heat until soft but not browned.
- 3Add garlic and cook an additional 1 minute.
- 4Slowly add broth and ground pecans, tomato paste, and dissolved cornstarch. Cook uncovered on low heat for 30 minutes.
- 5Beat egg yolk into cream, and then slowly whisk into pecan mixture and heat through. DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 6Bisque can be refrigerated for 4 days. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.9
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 64.8 mg
- Sodium 692.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g