Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 cups pecans
- 1⁄2 lb softened sweet butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pecans in the oven and toast lightly for 15 minutes.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together and add to the butter.
- Now stir in the toasted pecans.
- Divide the dough into three equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into two 1/2 inch diamete logs.
- Place logs on a parchment baking sheet and press down to form the classic biscotti shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven with a thin spatula, cut into 3/4 inch slices.
- Lay slices on their sides and return biscotti to the oven to dry for 15 more minutes.
- Cool on rack.