Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
Crispy pecan crust with soft cream cheese cookie underneath. I found the recipe on Kraft Recipes. http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/pecan-bars-75457.aspx
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla, divided
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 3 cups chopped Planters pecans
- BEAT cream cheese, 3/4 cup butter, granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add flour and baking soda; mix well. Refrigerate 30 minute.
- HEAT oven to 350°F Press dough onto bottom of 15x10x1-inch pan. Bake 20 minute or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, melt remaining butter; pour into medium bowl. Add eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup and remaining vanilla; mix well. Stir in nuts.
- SPREAD nut mixture over warm crust. Bake 20 to 25 minute or until topping is firm around the edges but still slightly soft in the center. Cool completely.