Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This has become one of my family's favorite cookies. I found the recipe in a magazine but it's been so long I don't remember which one.
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Heat oven 350F lightly grease bottom and sides of 13X9 pan.
- In large bowl, mix granulated sugar, butter and tsp vanilla. Stir in flour; mix well.
- Press dough in bottom and 1/2” up sides of pan.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Beat brown sugar, corn syrup, tsp vanilla the salt and eggs with spoon.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Loosen edges from sides of pan while war; cool completely.
My family and friends love pecan pie bars. I used to use a recipe that had cake mix mixed with butter for the crust, but I didn't like the 'fake' flavor of the yellow cake mix crust. I chose this recipe because it uses real butter for the crust. Only made a small change: I used an extra 1/2 cup of pecans because I prefer a nuttier bar. A tip from my old recipe: line your pan with aluminum foil to overlap all 4 sides by about an inch so that you can easily lift the bars out of the pan to finish cooling. They are much easier to cut and come out neater this way. Plus you don't end up scratching and scoring your baking pan. Thanks for the recipe!
This did not turn out at ALL like I thought it would! I was expecting it to have the pecan pie filling atop the crust like other recipes I've tried... Instead it made an almost cake-like mess with pecans ontop! The flavor was good though, so although it wasn't right it was still pretty darn tasty.
Outstanding! I made them today for my birthday tomorrow, and DH's and my taste test threatened to clear the platter before the birthday even started LOL They are plain wonderful, and my gluten free flour mix worked great for the crust. I reduced the sugar in the crust a bit because we don't like it too sweet, but for the filling I followed the recipe to the letter, and it's so gooey yummy! Thanks for sharing this winner! Will make it again and again.<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / Creole and Cajun for The Apron String Travelers