Recipe by Lacy S.
My mom clipped this recipe out of an American Profile magazine, and boy am I glad she did. (Cooking time includes chilling time.)
Top Review by Delicious as it Looks
I too clipped this out of American Profile magazine years ago and I'm glad I found it online in case I ever lose it! It is such an amazing recipe. Usually candy making intimidates me, but this one is so easy, it's hard to mess up! A few tips: Make sure you make room in the freezer for the cookie sheet before you begin. That way you aren't scrambling (like I have done many times before). I usually use more pecans than what's called for (about 1 1/2 cups). Make sure you bring the mixture to a FULL boil (it will be all foamy and boiling up). The recipe doesn't say what heat to use, but I usually have my burner on medium. Finally, try cinnamon graham crackers - delicious!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and lightly grease.
- Place graham crackers on the cookie sheet in one layer.
- Sprinkle pecans evenly over the graham squares.
- In a small sauce pan melt the unsalted butter.
- Add brown sugar to the pan and stir until mixture begins to boil.
- Pour sugar mixture over pecans and graham squares.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and place into freezer for 1 hour.
- Break bark into pieces while still cold.