Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've been living in Mexico for a couple of years now, and when it's really hot I make this smoothy with lots of ice and it's simply perfect. Note that much of the flavour comes from the extremely ripe bananas - black is good.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh pecans
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 very very, very ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 dash ground cinnamon (or more)
- 1 cup water (or more)
- 6 ice cubes
- If you have time, soak the pecans for a couple of hours to soften them, but this isn't necessary.
- Blend the pecans with the water till they're smooth.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients as well as the ice cubes and blend till smooth.
- Drink up and enjoy!
i followed the recipe and instructions. after blending everything together i took a little taste and i thought it was very bland. maybe instead of using water to mix with the pecans, use ice creame or milk... i ended up adding cocoa for a more chocolaty flavor, a little granola, and come low fat sweetened condensed milk. that did the trick.... thanks for the recipe though. i LOVE pecans and wanted something cold to use them in!