Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pecan Balls - Mom made these at Christmas time.. but I think they're great anytime!
Make and share this Pecan Balls (Christmas Cookies) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- additional powdered sugar, for rolling
- Mix ingredients together until well blended.
- Hand form into small balls.
- Bake at 300° up to 15 minutes. (These will not brown).
- While balls are still warm, roll into powdered sugar.
My Mom also made these every Christmas and I think they were my favorite one..... although oatmeal raisin cookies may not be Christmasy but I think they might be better! I'm gonna find out tonight! :-)
Probably the easiest cookie I've ever made. They tasted so delicate and yummy.
I made these and they were very crumbly. I think I may have made them too small because I had to shorten the cooking time as well. Either way, I don't think that I will make them again.