Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
We used to have these at Christmas time when I was little. They were so fun to eat because we would have powdered sugar everywhere!! This isn't the exact recipe my family used, but when I found this, it sounded very close.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, very finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 deg.
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add flour, pecans, and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and place on cooling racks.
- Roll in powdered sugar before serving.
Oh My Goodness! I love these cookies. I used to groom horses for an elderly widowed lady when I was a little girl & every year around Christmas, she would invite over to make homemade cookies and candies with her. Those cookies I will never forget. She has now passed on and I thought I would never taste them again. Making these cookies brought back fond childhood memories! Thank You!