Recipe by Scandigirl
This cookie recipe is so wonderful and great for christmas as well. I double the recipe as it is very addictive, or I serve it when I have a large group to feed at my husbands lodge.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup apricot jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl, combine flour and nutmeg.
- Gradually blend into creamed butter mixture.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread half of dough into greased 8-inch square pan.
- Top with apricot jam.
- Spoon remaining dough over top and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar, if desired.
- Cut into narrow fingers.