Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 mins
baked chicken breasts chopped and mixed with pecans, apples , black currants and veggies mixed with mayo and a hint of curry, served on toasted bread rubbed with garlic
- 3 chicken breasts
- garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1 celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped fine
- 3⁄4-1 cup black currants
- 1⁄2 Granny Smith apples (chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (lightly roasted)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1 French baguette
- grapes, for garnishing
- pat washed chicken breast's with a paper towel.
- rub with olive oil lightly, add garlic salt and Greek yogurt and mix well.Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350, let cool. In a large bowl add next 6 ingrediants.Chop the cooled chicken in small cubes and add it to bowl. In another bowl mix mayo with the curry powder, add salt and pepper, pour over chicken, mix.
- with with wooden spoon. if you dont consume it in 2 hours, put the mix in the fridge. ASSEMBLY: cut baguette in 2 inch peices, rub with garlic, drizzle with olive oil and some salt. Grill in oven till golden brown, remove let cool.Mound chicken salad on top of bread,sprinkle with parsley and put grapes around platter. great appetizer.