Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love Panko bread crumbs! They make such a delicious crust on chicken and other things. The pecans add a real savoriness to this dish.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Mix panko and pecans in dish.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in heavy large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Remove skiller from heat; brush some of melted butter onto chicken, then coat chicken in panko mixture.
- Place skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and saute until brown on bottom, about 2 minutes. Turn chicken over.
- Place skillet in oven. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 18 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter.
- Using slotted spoon, remove any crumbs from skillet. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and shallots; saute over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Add broth and simmer until slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Mix in parsley.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper; drizzle over chicken.