Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Posted for Zaar world tour II
- 18 maria cookies or 18 vanilla wafers
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- milk, as needed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 5 eggs
- 10 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grind the cookies to fine crumbs
- Combine cookies crumbs with the melted butter.
- add a little milk to bind to cookies and butter.
- With the cookie mixture cover the bottom and side of a 9" pie pan or 8" springform pan.
- Place the chopped dates and pecans on the side and the bottom of the pan.
- In a blender, blend together eggs, vanilla and sweetened milk. Blend about 2 minutes.
- Pour egg and milk mixture over the pie.
- Bake pie in a preheated 325 degree oven.
- Approximately 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the oven for 30 minutes after turing the oven off.
This is a yummy pie and a nice change from a regular pecan pie. My husband finds most pecan pies too sweet so he found this one a pleasant surprise. Made for PAC 2008.