Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From IGA booklet.
- 3⁄4 cup grilled finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 4 seasoned chicken breasts, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 beaten eggs
Creamy five-pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Stir pecans and cranberries together on a plate. Lightly flour the chicken breasts, shaking off excess flour. Dip chicken into beaten egg and then coat well with pecan- cranberry mixture.
- Place chicken breasts in an oiled ovenproof dish.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the meat is golden on the outside and no longer pink inside.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir constantly for 1 minute. Whisk in milk and cook until mixture thickens and begins to boil. Add cheese and stir until completely melted. Sprinkle with fresh chives and season with salt to taste.
- Serve chicken breasts with this five-pepper sauce.
- Variation: Replace pecans by pine nuts and cranberries by dried tomatoes.
ABSOLUTELY ENJOYED THIS CHICKEN DISH! Great coating combo with the nuts & cranberries, & with the sauce, it was a wonderful supper for us! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Newest Zaar Tag Game]