From IGA booklet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup grilled finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 4 seasoned chicken breasts, thawed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 beaten eggs
Creamy five-pepper sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 2Stir pecans and cranberries together on a plate. Lightly flour the chicken breasts, shaking off excess flour. Dip chicken into beaten egg and then coat well with pecan- cranberry mixture.
- 3Place chicken breasts in an oiled ovenproof dish.
- 4Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the meat is golden on the outside and no longer pink inside.
- 5In the meantime, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 6Add flour and stir constantly for 1 minute. Whisk in milk and cook until mixture thickens and begins to boil. Add cheese and stir until completely melted. Sprinkle with fresh chives and season with salt to taste.
- 7Serve chicken breasts with this five-pepper sauce.
- 8Variation: Replace pecans by pine nuts and cranberries by dried tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan and Cranberry Chicken Breasts W/ Creamy Five-Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.9
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 214.7 mg
- Sodium 177.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 39.1 g