Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the cookbook Morning Fires, Evening Lights. Pecan Pie is simply the best!
Make and share this Pecan and Chocolate Pie With a Shot recipe from Food.com.
- 1 pie shell, unbaked (see One Pie Shell)
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup (okay to use light)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, cooled slightly
- 1 fluid ounce Bourbon (1 shot=2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate or 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
Bourbon Whipping Cream
- 1 cup real whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- NOTE: I prefer to bake the pie in individual aluminum pie shells. Then I cover and freeze the remaining pies for later.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the dough for the pie shell and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Then beat in the sugar, corn syrup, butter, bourbon, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate and pecan halves. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie shell.
- For a whole pie, bake about 40-45 minutes or until the center is set. For individual pies, bake 30-35 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, prepare the whipping cream by beating the cream with the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Beat in the bourbon until incorporated. Set aside. (Best if whipping cream is prepared just before serving.).
- Transfer baked pie to wire cooling rack. Cool and either spread the whipping cream mixture on top of the pie or add a dollop to each serving.
- Serve pie at room temperature or slightly warmed for best flavor.