1 hr 5 mins
From the cookbook Morning Fires, Evening Lights. Pecan Pie is simply the best!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pie shell, unbaked (see One Pie Shell)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup (okay to use light)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, cooled slightly
- 1 fluid ounce Bourbon (1 shot=2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate or 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
Bourbon Whipping Cream
- 1NOTE: I prefer to bake the pie in individual aluminum pie shells. Then I cover and freeze the remaining pies for later.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Prepare the dough for the pie shell and set aside.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Then beat in the sugar, corn syrup, butter, bourbon, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- 5Fold in the chocolate and pecan halves. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie shell.
- 6For a whole pie, bake about 40-45 minutes or until the center is set. For individual pies, bake 30-35 minutes or until set.
- 7Meanwhile, prepare the whipping cream by beating the cream with the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Beat in the bourbon until incorporated. Set aside. (Best if whipping cream is prepared just before serving.).
- 8Transfer baked pie to wire cooling rack. Cool and either spread the whipping cream mixture on top of the pie or add a dollop to each serving.
- 9Serve pie at room temperature or slightly warmed for best flavor.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan and Chocolate Pie With a Shot
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 736.3
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 332.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 61.0 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: