Recipe by PinkLeaf
A nutty and flavorful alternative to traditional graham cracker crusts. Great for pumpkin pie.
- 90 g pecans, untoasted, whole (3/4 cup)
- 10 whole biscoff cookies (80grams) or 10 trader joe's bistro biscuits (80grams)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine pecans and cookies in blender or food processor. Blend into crumb consistency.
- Add cinnamon, brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt to mixture. Blend.
- Combine butter and vanilla extract. Add to mixture and blend.
- Once all ingredients are thoroughly mixed, transfer mixture to prepared pie plate.
- Cover mixture with plastic food wrap. Use the bottom of another pie plate, a bowl, or hands to flatten the mixture into and up the side the the pie plate. Remove plastic wrap.
- Use a spoon or spatula to create a clean edge along the side of the crust.
- Bake the crust in preheated oven for 9-12 minutes. Monitor carefully to prevent scorching.
- When tiny bubbles appear on the crust, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- If using crust for baking a pie, slightly underbake the crust. It will continue to brown with additional baking.