Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Something different for Sunday breakfast or brunch. Recipe source: Coyote Cafe
Make and share this Pecan and Bacon Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- To prepare the waffles, cook bacon and butter in a skillet until crisp.
- In a bowl beat egg yolks with the milk and then add the butter and bacon the the yolk/milk mixture.
- Chop the pecans.
- In a bowl combine pecans, cornmeal, flour, salt and baking powder. Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Beat egg whites until the reach the soft peak stage and then fold them into the batter.
- Cook waffles in a hot waffle iron until brown. If desired serve with bourbon syrup (recipe below).
- To make the Bourbon syrup:.
- In a saucepan bring the water and sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Continue to boil without stirring until syrup thickens slightly and surface is shiny. Pour syrup into a serving bowl, and stir in pecans. Stir in whiskey and vanilla. Keep warm.
I wanted to like this as it has super ingredients, but I thought the two b's--bourbon and bacon just did not work for me. The waffle itself is too salty for my taste. Concerning the syrup the bourbon was the first thing I noticed--too strong. I am writing this review as part of the Newest Zaar tag game.