- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped, small dice
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped (coriander leaves)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green chilies (if not chunky chilli paste, preferably from Chile) or 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium bowl and refrigerate.
- If you want to minimize the "bite" of the raw onion -sprinkle the finely diced with salt and let them sit for a few minutes. Then press them gently in a sieve and rinse them well in running water.
- Will keep refrigerated for three or four days.