Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe for a very spongy bread you can buy in any bakery in Argentina, it’s great to make ham and cheese sandwiches. I adapted the recipe for the breadmaker and made the first of many batches today. I’m sure you will enjoy it too.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon fast rising yeast
Cornflour mix (for painting bread)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornflour or 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- MEASURE all ingredients into bread pan according to your manufactures directions.
- SET machine for dough cycle, press start and let it work until the kneading process is complete. Shut machine off and allow dough to rest for 15 minutes.
- REMOVE dough to slightly floured surface and cut in 8 pieces.
- MAKE cylindrical balls with the pieces and place side by side in a buttered oven tray. Leave to rise for one hour.
- PREPARE cornflour or cornstarch, dissolve the cornflour or cornstarch in cold water add boiling water and leave to cool.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes at F428 C220.
- REMOVE from the oven and paint with the previous prepared cornflour cornstarch mix.
- LEAVE to cool on the rack and enjoy.