Recipe by Laura123
My friend's hubby goes to Pebble Beach to play golf once in a while. She really loved the granola the restaurant served and asked for the recipe. To her surprise, they sent her that recipe and it is really good. You could add dried cranberries or raisins if you wanted. This makes a lot of granola so I had to guess on the servings.
- 2 cups wheat germ
- 2 3⁄4 cups regular oats
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 3⁄4 cups sunflower seeds
- 1 3⁄4 cups slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a very large bowl, mix wheat germ, oats, coconut, sesame seeds, sunflower kernels, almonds, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- In seperate bowl whisk together oil, honey and vanilla and pour over dry mix.
- Toss to coat well.
- Spread a thin layer of granola in a 10" x 15" x 1" jelly roll type pan, lightly greased.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for approx 1 hour, tossing every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Break apart and allow to cool on waxed paper.
- Repeat with the rest of the mix if you can't get all of it in one pan.
- When completely cool, break apart to desired chunks and store in air tight container or bag.