Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this recipe in Easy Home Cooking. The name was just too unique not to share! I haven't tried yet. The amount sounds like a lot but that is what it said!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and lemon peel; beat until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture; mix just until blended.
- Grease cookie sheets. Divide dough into four equal pieces; shape each piece into 3/4-inch-thick rope about 12 inches long. Place ropes on prepared cookie sheets. Freeze about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut frozen ropes into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
The dough was delicious!! Couldn't get enough of that! But the cookies baked were not quite so good. I froze the "ropes" for 45 minutes and placed the slices 1" apart, but they still managed to flatten and spread enough to run into each other on the cookie sheet. So the results were not too pretty and they seemed to lose a lot of their great flavor during the baking process. Still not bad cookies, but not great either. They were worth making though because the dough was so good! :)